- South Hadley Public Schools
Test and Stay Update 11-17-2021
Good Afternoon Tiger Families~
We are pleased to share with you that our partners at CIC Health have given us final clearance to begin the Test and Stay Program in South Hadley Public Schools.
FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM YOU MUST COMPLETE THE CONSENT FORM:
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE FORM, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL IT OUT AGAIN.
The Test and Stay program will officially begin on Monday, November 22, 2021. Here's what that means:
- Any student who is identified as a close contact BEFOREMonday, November 22nd MUST quarantine as before, even if the district has a Test and Stay consent form on file. This is a requirement to ensure that quarantining and testing time frames can be aligned. Since the Test and Stay program begins on Monday, November 22nd and not before, any student identified as a close contact BEFORE November 22nd must quarantine as before, per state and local regulations
- On or after November 22ndany student whose parent/caregiver provided CONSENT to participate in the Test and Stay program CAN REMAIN IN SCHOOL even if they are identified as a close contact as long as they remain negative for COVID each day of their 7 day mandatory test period.
- At any point during that 7 days if a student testspositive for COVID s/he must immediately quarantine according to DESE/DPH protocols in conjunction with guidance from our local board of health.
- Students who are fully vaccinated or who have testedpositive for COVID within 90 days of being identified as a close contact are exempt from the Test and Stay program and are not required to test/quarantine even if they have been identified as close contacts. Students who meet this exemption criteria will still be notified that they have been identified as a close contact.
Once again, the South Hadley Public Schools have received final clearance to begin the Test and Stay program. It will officially begin on Monday, November 22, 2021. AGAIN, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE CONSENT FORM TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TEST AND STAY PROGRAM:
Dr. Jahmal Mosley, Superintendent
Dr. Mark McLaughlin, Assistant Superintendent
Mary Walsh, Lead Nurse