Welcome to Mrs. Murawski's website!
While visiting here you can find information about
General Music classes, Concert Choir,
and Opus. Thank you for visiting!
Special note for my students during the Covid-19 break:
Dear Music Students,
First, I hope you are all well and staying healthy! While we may not be able to make music together in class right now, there are still great ways to be musical at home. I'd like to offer the following suggestions as a way to be creative and engaged in musical thinking:
- Compose your own music! Use a music making app like Garageband or Song Maker to create new and original compositions. Give your music a title and share it with me!
- Create your own musical instrument! Using the principals of sound, create a percussion, wind or string instrument using only materials found around the house. Make a video of you playing your original instrument and share it with me!
- Try something new! Try listening to some new genres. Check out jazz, country, opera, rock, heavy metal, musical theater, classical, reggae, zydeco, hip hop, blues, folk, gospel.... anything that's new to you. Keep an open mind and let me know what you learn from a new genre.
- Dance! Chose any song you like and create original choreography to go with it. Make a video and share it with me!
- Experiment with water! Fill drinking glasses or metal bowls with different amounts of water. Be sure to ask your parent(s) or caregiver(s) first if you plan to use finer crystal glassware! Run a wet finger around the rim of the glass and listen to the pitch it makes. Get several glasses and try to "tune" them using different amounts of water. Try a simple familiar tune (think Hot Cross Buns or similar) or make a tune of your own. Record it and share it with me!
Remember that music can help when things get stressful! Use music to relax, exercise, focus, or just enjoy. I will be checking my email daily if you need anything or just want to say "hi" and I hope to see you soon!
Degrees and Certifications: