While we are out of school, we are still here to support all students during this strange time! We are all checking our email daily while we are not in school. If any student would like to connect with a School Counselor, please send an email, and we will set up a time to chat via Google Hangouts, texting, or a phone call!
- MESMS Guidance Counselor: Melissa Lake email@example.com
- 5th and 6th Grade Adjustment Counselor: Sara Gardner firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th and 8th Grade Adjustment Counselor: Caitlin Carreffi email@example.com
COVID19: Mental Health & Other Local Resources for Extended School Closure
Please see attached document (at the bottom of the page) for additional links!
- BHN Crisis- 413-733-6661
- United Way- 2-1-1
- South Hadley Police Department: Non-Emergency Line 413-538-8231, 41 Bridge Street, South Hadley, MA 01075
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Inc. 30 Carew St, South Hadley, MA 01075, 413-437-7593; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 2 Talk FoodSource Hotline To find food resources in your community, call the FoodSource Hotline: 1-800-645-8333; TTY 1-800-377-1292; Hotline hours- Monday - Friday8 A.M. - 7 P.M. Saturday10 A.M. - 2 P.M
The Michael E. Smith Middle School Counseling department is founded on the belief that each student is a unique individual who is capable of growing into a responsible, independent, and contributing member of the classroom and larger society. The mission of the MESMS Counseling department is to facilitate the development and empowerment of all students in academic, career, and personal-social areas through a developmental approach. Our School Counselors work proactively with all students in an effort to maximize student potential and achievement. They are professional educators who advocate for equity, access, and success through collaborative efforts with students, staff, parents/guardians, and the larger community.