CORE VALUES, BELIEFS, AND LEARNING EXPECTATIONS:
South Hadley High School will provide a safe and supportive school community that fosters personal and intellectual growth and challenges all students to become engaged citizens and life-long learners.
The faculty and staff of South Hadley High School are committed to:
· Providing engaging, varied, and challenging curricula, instruction, and assessment to all learners;
· Providing learning activities that facilitate critical thinking, creative problem solving, practical application of skills and effective, appropriate use of technology;
· Providing a supportive learning community where diversity is respected, and students demonstrate responsible behavior;
· Encouraging students to expand their learning by actively engaging in co-curricular activities;
· Empowering students to become self-directed, active learners; and
· Empowering students to become self-advocates and effective communicators.
· Read and write effectively;
· Communicate and listen effectively; and
· Think critically and problem solve creatively, independently and collaboratively
CIVIC AND SOCIAL EXPECTATIONS:
· Demonstrate individual responsibility for one’s own learning; and
· Demonstrate respectful behavior and ability to resolve conflicts.
Approved by Faculty 01.13.15/ Approved by Student Council 02.10.15/ Approved by School Council 01.21.15