Welcome to the MESMS BAND Website!
Special note for my students during the Covid-19 break:
Dear Band Students,
I hope you are all well & staying healthy! Remember that music can help when things get stressful! Try to use music to relax, exercise, focus, or just enjoy.
I'd like to offer the following suggestion as a way to be creative & engaged during this break from school besides just practicing your "band music"
- Record yourself playing a solo. Email me the recording & I'll edit it w/ iMovie & post it onto our "Showcase for Student Learning" playlist.
Everyone should have a few solos that they're already preparing (Menuet, Sawmill Creek, The Good Life, Happy Birthday, etc)
If you'd like a NEW solo - just email me. I will search thru my database & send you suggestion(s) based on your skill level that you can print/practice at home.
During the past few years, I've saved most of my curriculum in a digital format. It would be fun to share ideas that I think you'd enjoy.
I will be checking my email daily & hope you'll consider staying in touch.
I'm working on a few recordings of my own. Keep an eye out for them on youtube.
"Schedule & General Info" provides the following:
- Lists of songs that band students at each grade level are studying.
- MP3 files that help students listen to these songs & practice at home.
- Links to youtube videos to help students at home and in the our practice rooms.
"Mr. Holmes' Youtube Channel" provides the following:
- Examples of student solos - "Student Learning Showcase"
- Examples of jazz solos to help learn Jazz Articulation & Phrasing
- Examples of Trumpet Duets & Solos recorded by Mr. Holmes using GarageBand.
CONTACT MR. HOLMES IF YOUR CHILD IS INTERESTED IN JOINING THE BAND!
Mr. Brooks Holmes email@example.com