The assignment this week (April 27-May 1) entails completing the following 4-5 items about the Japanese-American experience on the Homefront during WWII.
*Please complete all work by Friday, 5/1 at 2:00pm. You will be submitting your Mandatory: Credit/No Credit work to the C Block Shared Google Document (live link). Remember, you must be signed into your shschools gmail account. The OPTIONAL work can be submitted via Google Doc to my email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Please look over and download the documents, (1) Japanese Internment Organizer for Justifiable Sources (live link to document), AND (2) Japanese Internment Primary & Secondary Sources for Students (live link to the document) that will become your notes and resources for the course of this assignment.
2. Please watch Ms. Goelz's Video Overview (live link to video) of the documents above and the lesson focused on the Japanese-American experience on the homefront during WWII. The questions below form the foundation of the lesson.
Inquiry Question: Why did the US Government intern Japanese Americans during WWII?
Evaluation Question: Was it justifiable for the United States government to intern Japanese-Americans during WWII?
Unit Term Focus: Executive Order 9066
3. Please watch Ms. Goelz’s Video Lesson on Japanese Internment (live link to video) for background instruction and information about the Japanese-American experience and how it relates to WWII.
4. Please use the “Japanese Internment Primary & Secondary Sources for Students” (live link of document) document to complete the “Japanese Internment Organizer for Documents A-E & text pages” (live link of document).
**Note that you do not need to turn in the Organizer or Hypothesis within the Organizer. However, you will submit your response to the Evaluation Question within the Organizer to the C Block Shared Google Doc on my website. Mandatory: Credit/No Credit is the response to the Evaluation Question within the Organizer that will be submitted to the C Block Shared Google Doc (live link here).
5. Complete the OPTIONAL Extension Activities:
- Read Voices of Freedom text (little text issued to you) pages 207-211.
- Explore the website titled, A More Perfect Union (live link here), and write an S-I-T Analysis (Surprising-Interesting-Troubling), to be submitted to Ms. Goelz via Google Doc at: email@example.com.
Focus on the tabs within the webpage: