Monday, April 13, 2020
Active Learning & Practice for Tuesday, April 14 & Thursday, April 16
1. There should be a "new way" to log-in to Teacher's websites starting Today (Monday). However, you will still be able to go directly to this page.
2. I have emailed each of my students their own KHAN ACADEMY log-in. If you have not received my email, or if you are using an email different than your school's email, please email me.
3. I will host a Google Meet at 10:00 a.m. for classes A & D on Tuesday and classes B & C on Thursday.
Note: In Accordance with our District Learning Plan, my Website will be Updated by Monday Morning with Student Work for Tuesday and Thursday. Each day (Tuesday and Thursday) should be approximately 70 minutes of Active Learning and Practice in Math.
This School Week, April 13-17, I will be "on-Line" from 8:30 to 10:00 to answer any emails in "Real" time. However, email me any-time and I will do my best to answer as soon as possible.
SCROWL DOWN TO FIND TUESDAY'S and THURSDAY'S RECOMMENDED WORK
Helpful Sites to Keep You Mathematically Active:
Explore Khan Academy
Click to Access Big Ideas Math-Free Student Edition Big Ideas Math Choose Common Core, 2014 Edition
Thought of the Week:
Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do.
Class A (9:13-10:23), Class D (1:15-2:25) and
Class B & C: Accelerated (10:23-11:30 & 11:30-1:15 - Lunch)
Tuesday, April 14
For Today, Tuesday, we are going to work in Big Ideas Math and in Khan Academy. I will provode you with step-by-step instructions on how to log-in to Khan Academy.
You can look in your Hard-Cover book or access the On-line, Student Edition (Common Core, 2014) by clicking here: Big Ideas Math
1. Read pages 24 & 25 in Big Ideas Math (Common Core, 2014 Edition).
2. Log-in to Khan Academy by clicking here: Khan Academy Log-In (the log-in button is in the upper right corner of the screen).
Click here for: Video of How to Log-In to Khan Academy
3. You will have a total of Eight Videos/Activities to complete. You need to watch the entire video for it to be recorded as "complete".
If you feel that you have worked for less than 70 minutes, continue to work on Problem of the Week #6. It is posted in the POW Section.
Thursday, April 16
We are now Moving on to Chapter 2: RATIONAL NUMBERS
1. Log-in to Khan Academy by clicking here: Khan Academy Log-In (the log-in button is in the upper right corner of the screen).
Video of How to Log-In to Khan Academy
2. You will have a total of seven Videos/Activities to complete. You need to watch the entire video for it to be recorded as "complete".
3. Try "What You Learned Before", pg. 43 in Big Ideas Math .
4. Read pages 46 & 47 in Big Ideas Math (Common Core, 2014 Edition).
5. Try page 48, 1-31, ODD ONLY. Email me when you have completed this assignment. Answers to these questions are in the back of your book.
Continue to work on Problem of the Week #6.
Remember, I am On-Line from 8:30 -10:00 to Answer Any Questions in "Real" Time.