Unit 5-Life in Groups: Essay Assessment (HONORS ONLY)
How does group membership affect individuals within AND outside of the group?
How does the way that humans group themselves affect their willingness to act?
- Individual Case Studies in Group Membership: Seuss’ The Sneetches, We and They Poem The Wave, ISIS Homework, Remember the Titans, Crisis at Little Rock (Honors only),
- To develop deeper content knowledge of the Group and its effect on individuals
- To explore how the group affects a human’s willingness to act
- How to effectively participate in a Roundtable Discussion
Grades for the 3rd Quarter
- Assessment Grade: 13 points
Criteria for Success: (13 points)
___1. Using the Individual Case Studies in Group Membership, write a 1.5-3 page, double-spaced essay that answers the prompt above (How does group membership affect individuals within AND outside of the group? OR How does the way that humans group themselves affect a willingness to act?). (7 points)
___2. Correctly USE and UNDERLINE at least 6 Unit Terms within your paper: (1 point for each term; 6 points total. Each term includes .5 for term defined/used, & .5 for an example from the case studies)