COVID 19 BREAK - "DISTANCE LEARNING" W/ SMARTMUSIC
1. Select your method book, "Tradition of Excellence" and learn these songs:
- Banana Boat Song
- Indigo Rock
2. Antagonist by Larry Clark
Songs before the Covid 19 Break
- La Bamba January Packet
- Blues Adventure January Packet
- Sawmill Creek January Packet
- Happy Birthday 2 Ways January Packet
- Regal March January Packet
- Creatures in the Attic NEW in February https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O7Pqautb5c&disable_polymer=true
- First Concert March New in February https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddg6ha7s3DQ&t=32s
- The Good Life New in Feb/ March
Scroll to the bottom for recordings to help you practice at home!
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT BEGINNER BAND:
Students in 5th Grade can learn one of these instruments to be part of the band:
- Alto Saxophone
- Percussion (Xylophone & Practice Pad)
Students will need to either rent or own their instrument in order to join band. It is not necessary to do anything during the summer to get ready for band. The students will receive all the information necessary to secure an instrument in September when they arrive to school. Please be on the lookout for the Beginning Band Packet that will go home with students next year. It will have all the information you’ll need to get ready to learn an instrument and join our school band.
Besides having an instrument, band students will need their own copy of the Method Book that we use for 5th Grade Band.
“Tradition of Excellence Book 1” by KJOS Publishing. The approximate cost is $12.95.
5th Grade Band students will play their instrument 3x per week at school.
- TUESDAYS After-School (2:30 – 3:45 pm) Band Rehearsal *
- WEDNESDAYS during School 45 minute weekly group lesson on rotating schedule
- FRIDAYS during School Band Rehearsal 40 minutes before lunch
There is a Late Bus available starting in October. Our 1st After-School Rehearsal is 10/22
If you want to be in the band – Keep TUESDAY Afternoons Free!