Homework (US History Text-hardcover)
Postwar HW # 1 Postwar Prosperity (3 Points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 15.5, pages 659-666 to support the following:
- GI Bill
- Baby Boom
Postwar HW # 2: Mass Culture in the 1950s (2 Points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 15.6, pages 667-673 to support the following:
- Interstate Highway Act
Postwar HW # 3: Social Issues of the 1950s (2 Points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 15.7, pages 674-679 to support the following:
- Suburbanization (not a term from the unit, but can be inferred from the reading)
Cold War HW # 1: Introduction & Containment (10 points)
- Read and use the yellow packet through Broadsheet 1-Page 4 AND/OR text Chapter 15.1, pages 636-641 to support your understanding of the content.
- Who was the leader of the Soviet Union after WWII until 1953? _________________________________________
- Immediately following the war, what actions was the Soviet Union taking in Eastern Europe? Explain using information from pages 838-840.
- Although Communism was often forced upon Eastern European countries, explain why Communism might be appealing to citizens after World War II.
- Please explain Containment as a foreign policy.
- Identify Marshall Plan & Why it could contain Communism
Cold War HW # 2: Cold War at Home (10 points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 15.4, pages 653-658 to support your understanding of the content.
- Red Scare
- How did the government attempt to shape public opinion during the Cold War? Provide some examples within your response.
Cold War HW: Why Vietnam? Video (10 points)
- Watch the Video link here (32 min.)
- Complete the Video Questions provided.
Cold War HW #3: Vietnam (10 points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 17.1, pages 728-732 and Chapter 17.2, pages 733-738to support your understanding of the content.
- Explain why the United States became involved in Vietnam and Southeast Asia, in regards to the Cold War.
- Domino Theory
- Describe at least 2 difficulties that America faced fighting the war in Vietnam.
Cold War HW #4: Vietnam Effects (2 points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 17.4, pages 746-753 to support your understanding of the content.
- War Powers Act
Cold War HW # 5: The Cold War Ends (10 points)
- Read and use the text Chapter 19.3, pages 818-821, stopping at US Involvement in the Middle East and the Iran Contra Affair.
- How did President Reagan plan on overcoming “Vietnam Syndrome?” Within your response, please explain how Reagan’s plan for fighting the Cold War differed from the previous Cold War policy of Containment.