Expectations of an AP Statistics Student:
- Motivated & dedicated to course work
- Committed to homework and a lot of extra reading and research
- Responsible: able to prioritize activities and to make deadlines
- Prepared and organized
- Beyond proficient in reading and writing
- Study in greater depth, breadth, and complexity
- Be ready to receive intellectual stimulation and challenge
- Commitment and hard work are absolutely necessary.
AP Statistics Summer Assignment
Mrs. Cross Independent Reading and Practice Due: September 3, 2019
Independent reading and practice include Chapter 1 from the book.
Your first grade in AP Stat will be based on Summer Assignment which consists of two parts:
Part I: Notes
- Chapter 1 from the book. Learn all definitions and know the examples of the book before you start to do problems from the book of the summer work.
- Take notes and define all vocab words using your own words. Give an examples for each word you defined. You must give me a copy of this on first day of the school. This part is worth 25 points.
Part II: Watch the Videos :
- Go to https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Use the following link to watch the examples and do practice problems about marginal distributions: Marginal and Conditional Distributions
- You may use this website to watch videos related to any concepts in Chapter 1
Part III: Book Problems:
- Chapter 1 #3, 8, 13-27 odds, 28-32, 39-59 odds, 60, 69-74, 79, 87-10 odds, 107-110. This part is worth 50 points
Have a Great Summer!