Holiday Dinner Activity
Student Activity: Holiday Dinner Activity
As your LJ page 5: Holiday Dinner Activity
*Holiday Dinner Activity Page Requirements:
- How many people you will have AND a MENU
- Printed List of Grocery Items from the Cart (price included)
- Reflection Prompt (roughly 1/2 page, single spaced)
Step 1: Decide on how many people you will have for dinner (4 as default) Step 2: Create a Menu and Grocery List (Details, including dessert and drinks!)
Step 3: Go to Stop and Shop Online Shopping (Don't forget to keep track of your costs).
--You will be a New Customer. Include the Zip Code, but Skip the Sign In.
--Click on the tab titled, Browse Aisles.
--Begin adding your necessary items to your Cart (upper right hand corner)
--When finished, print out your Cart items.
Step 4: Students will complete a Reflection Prompt** for the activity.
**Reflection Prompt Directions: This is up to you, but you may consider asking yourself how you may respond to one of the questions: (roughly 1/2 page, single spaced)
- How does this valued American holiday, that celebrates what we're thankful for, affect us, as people?
- How are social classes affected by this holiday?
- What were you thinking about as you completed this?
- Were you considering the price? Explain.
- Were you considering the work that goes into the meal? Explain.
- Were you considering how much of a sacrifice goes into the meal? Explain.