Extra Credit Activity
Industrial Age Unit: Extra Credit Assignment:
(1) Commentary on a Myth within All The Real Indians Died Off (Honors Level ONLY...see file below)
(2) Our Nation of Immigrants (College Prep Level ONLY...see below)
Our Nation of Immigrants (College Prep Level ONLY)
~Earn up to 10% on any Assessment Grade. How? You will be creating a poster, PowerPoint, or Prezi that shows one member of your family or friend’s immigration history. You must include:
- The person’s county or countries of origin and when he or she left that country. (Example: Germany in 1911.)
- The person’s name and relationship to you (Example: My grandfather)
- The names of anyone else that came with him or her.
- When and where they arrived, if possible. Example: Port-Angel Island, San Francisco,1912
- A brief description of why that member came to the United States.
- A brief description of 2 memories associated with being an immigrant in the United States.
- Your own reflections on what you learned or realized after completing this project. (Ex. How did my perspective of immigration or immigrants change after this project/nterview?)
- Color visuals. For example, old photos, maps, flags, printed images to help visually show the person’s immigrant story.
**I will be displaying these posters, so include only information that could be shared with others.**