Topics & Content
?Are we always consciously aware of our behaviors?
?How important is sleep to our behaviors?
?Why do we dream? Do our dreams have meaning?
?Can our behaviors be manipulated? If so, how?
?How do drugs affect our consciousness and behavior?
- Sleep & Dreams: Module 8, pgs. 139-154, Crash Course: Sleep & Dreams, & TED Talk Sleep Engineering
- Hypnosis: Module 10, pgs. 175-185, Demonstration, Group Work, & Meditation 1, Meditation 2
- Drugs & Addiction, Module 9, pgs. 157-171, Drugs Brainstorm, 1 in 7, Addiction Definition, Visualization of How it Affects the Brain, Adolescent Addiction, American Epidemic: The Nation's Struggle with Opioid Addiction
Personality and Disorders (Abnormal Psychology) Topic:
Focus Question: How do people's behavior and mental processes vary from those of other individuals?
- Personality (Module 28: pg. 495-506 Focus on The Psychodynamic Perspective on Personality, AND Module 29-pg. 514-521 Focus on the Trait Perspective on Personality)
- Rorschach Test (Projective Tests)
- PersonalityTest& FAQs About Personality Testing
- Intro to Personality: What is personality? How is it shaped? How is it explained?
- Focus on thePsychodynamicand Trait Perspectives
(Module 28: pg. 495-506 Focus on The Psychodynamic Perspective on Personality, AND Module 29-pg. 514-521 Focus on the Trait Perspective on Personality)
- Eating Disorders (Module 26, pg. 471-476)
- Introduction and Check-In
- Crash Course Eating and Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- ABC Nightline Segment onEDNOS
- National Eating Disorders Association Website Introduction
- Eating DisordersInformation
- Warning Signs and Symptoms
- How to Help a Loved One
- Eating DisordersScreening Tool
- Anxiety, Stress, PTSD, & Suicide (Module 31-pg. 549-567, Module 35-pg. 569)
- 4 Corners Statement: Millennials experience more stress than any other generation.
- APA Statistic & discussion
- Module 31: Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Crash Course: OCD & Anxiety Disorders
- Risk Assessment
(Taylor Manifest Anxiety Scale & Social Anxiety Thoughts Questionnaire)
- Anxiety, PTSD discussion
- TIME Magazine Video on Depression
Psychology in Film Topic
- A Beautiful Mind