***Remember, your HW completion creates ONE COMBINED HW grade for the 4th Quarter.
Homework # 1: Sleep & Dreams
Directions: Please read Module 8, pages 139-154 and respond to the following questions with information from the text:
- How important is sleep to our behaviors?
- Why do we dream? Do our dreams have meaning?
Homework # 2: Introduction to Psychological Disorders
Module 30: pgs. 533-548
- Define the following terms from the Module:
- Psychological disorder (including MUDA in your own words)
- Medical Model
- Bio-Psycho-Social Model
- Question: Historically, and in the present, what were/are considered the causes of psychological disorders?
- Question: What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of labeling disorders, like according to the DSM?
HW # 3: Schizophrenia Focus
- Read Module 32, pages 569 and 570, stopping at Dissociative Disorders, AND pages 574-579, stopping at Personality Disorders.
- From the movie, describe John Nash’s symptoms using the terms within pages 574-579. Use at least one example from the movie.
- From the movie and text, decide upon which type of schizophrenia John Nash has by explaining how your decision was exemplified by symptoms seen in the movie.
**These responses, total, should be no more than one page, typed, single spaced.