Agents of Socialization Project
Self and Socialization Unit: Agents of Socialization Research
How do Agents of Socialization Affect Who We Are (the self)?
How do Agents of Socialization Affect How We Are Accepted in Society?
- Content: Deeper Knowledge of the Agents of Socialization
- Research in Sociology Skills at the Introductory Level; Using the Scientific Method
- How to be an effective and contributing member of a social group (groups no larger than 4)
(1) Agent of Socialization: School
How does a student’s academic performance contribute to feelings of belonging in the high school?
Research Method: Surveys and Interviews
Searching: Library Databases: Current Events: Opposing Viewpoints: academic performance
(2) Agent of Socialization: Family
Research Question: How does the presence of same-sex parents affect a child’s sense of self esteem?
Research Method: Surveys, Interviews, and Existing Sources
Searching: Google: Same-sex parenting
Assessment Grade for the 3rd Quarter: 53 points in Powerschool
Your grade is earned by successful completion of:
___1. Submit Steps 1-5 of the Research Model in hard copy or to the shared Gmail Account. See website and below for detailed requirements. (20 points)
___2. Conduct Steps 6-8 of the Research Model. See website and below for detailed requirements. (30 points)
___3. Complete your Group’s Self-Assessment. (3 points)
**Detail provided in the assignment file below.