Unit 6: Deviance
1. What is deviance and how is it relative to place and time?
2. How does the concept of deviance affect the individual and society?
Corresponding Chapter in Text:
Assessments for the 4th Quarter:
- The Real World Chapter 6
- A Down to Earth Approach Chapter 8
- Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
- Roundtable Discussion (~10 points)
- In-Class Response to Q: Should felons lose citizenship rights? (~5-8 points)
- Follow Outline/Schedule
- Quiz on terms (below) AND TNJC Reading Topics at the conclusion of the unit (~20-25 points)
- To Be Decided